Well......maybe I'm grumpy because my baby girl (who just turned 18 months on the 20th) has decided in the last month that she isn't going to eat anything except pasta, or maybe it's because she has decided that sleeping in no longer a necessity, or maybe it's because I can't get the theme to Sesame Street out of my head.....All I know is that I am tired and I am grumpy! It sucks!
Anyway, I know it has been a while since the last blog. I just have not been all that inspired to write. We really haven't done anything all that exciting lately. We did go to the fair, but I don't have many pictures from that because my camera died. Other than that, we just sit at home all week watching Sesame Street.....I tell no lies. Savannah has discovered the show and has to watch it all the time. She bursts into tears when Elmo's World goes off. It's actually really cute. She'll come running to me with tears rolling down her face and says, "Elmo bye-bye, Elmo bye-bye." So...to keep myself sane until daddy gets home from work, we watch it again! Thank goodness for nap time, or I would watch it ALL day! We won her a Cookie Monster at the fair and it is almost the same size as her. She has to go to sleep with it every night. If we don't have it, she growls at us. (her imitation of Cookie and way of telling us we forgot him.) Bryan says I have got to be tired of watching the show so much. I am okay with it....it's her whining whenever there are people on the show instead of puppets, that makes me crazy! She is such a character!
I just wish I could get the child to eat and sleep. She is not a picky eater. She has always eaten pretty much everything. She just fights us. For some reason she has decided that smacking our hands away and throwing her food on the floor is more fun than actually eating it. Do they make baby straight jackets???? j/k. I would settle for high chair arm straps. LOL. The sleeping is what is getting the best of me. For instance.....she woke us at 1:30 last night and I couldn't get her back to sleep. It was 4:15 before she went back to sleep. See why I am so grumpy??? Now...one night isn't that big of a deal, but this happens at least 3 times a week. Fun times for Mama!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ugh! I remember those days!! Just remember, its just a stage. It will pass before you know it. All of my boys did that! I thought I was going to lose my mind!!!
Hang in there, mama! I'm here if you wanna talk, or if you want someone to go to the park with. :)
So sorry Savvy is giving you a hard time. She should grow out of it soon enough. Nani is going through the stage of not eating much too. She also still wants to eat(nurse) in the middle of the night and I swear I am up at least 2-4times every night with her.
I know exactly what you are talking about the eating and sleeping. Gordon lately just doesn't feel like eating. He will eat when he is ready even if that is 10:00 at night. As for the sleeping this we had Gordon ont his AWESOME schedule for so long and then last night we went to bed way later than we normally do. IT is so weird. He wakes up at the same time by himself every morning but doesn't go to bed at the same time everynight. It is so FRUSTRATING!! So I know exactly where you are coming from. It's like a newborn (sometimes) all over again.
((HUGS))
They are determined to single handedly drive us crazy... I feel your pain my friend I do. (But they are soooo stink'n cute!!)
TAG YOU'RE IT!! Look at my blog to see what you have to do:)
Post a Comment