Friday, January 9, 2009
Malaya Lynn
I woke up this morning to a phone call from my friend Danielle who is 34 weeks along in her pregnancy, telling me that she is at the hospital. Her water broke. Once I took in what she said, I became very excited for her, as well as nervous. I talked to her a couple of times later within the day to hear that nothing much was going on. She had her epidural and was waiting it out. When we went to call her husband to find out if we could bring him dinner, Malaya was already here. Bryan had just talked to them an hour or so before and nothing was new. Within an hour, she pushed out a beautiful baby girl. She weighed in at 4 lbs, 7.7 oz. and is 16 inches long. She is completely healthy and breathing well...100%. She did have to go to the NICU, where she will be for a few days for observation. Because she is in the NICU, no one but the parents and grandparents can see her, but Mike, Danielle's husband took my camera in and took pictures of her. She is so cute....absolutely beautiful! Danielle is doing well too. Both mommy and daddy were looking a little tired, but doing great. Danielle didn't even seem to have any pain. They just really want to see and hold their baby girl. Mike has yet to hold her, but Danielle did get to for a few minutes. Anyway, I am just so overjoyed and wanted to write about it. Congratulations to the new Mommy and Daddy! I am so happy for you. God has truly blessed this day, not only with excitement and happiness, but with a healthy, adorable little angel. What a great day!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a beautiful girl. Congrats to the both of them!!
YAY!! Congrats to the mommy and daddy!!!
Congrats to them both!!!! What a little angel!!!
Post a Comment