Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's for Dinner?

Okay my wonderful friends....I need a little help. I am so tired of cooking the same stuff all the time. Let's share recipes. I know some of you out there can cook some delicious food. Now teach me how to do it. I think I cook pretty good stuff too, so let's share. I particularly need stuff that I know my lovely little girl would eat....and just a hint: she loves pasta. I love to cook, I just haven't been all that creative or inspired lately. We were eating a lot of fast food while we were moving....and even though it's good, it is not at all healthy. It would be nice to have some good homemade food. Oh...and it doesn't have to be fancy. I love quick dinners. I have a chicken and rice dinner that is so good! It's similar to the "Campbell's" chicken and rice casserole dinner....but it is so much better. Anyway, I would love to share some recipes with all of you, if you would be so kind as to share some with me. I also love to bake. I have some yummy sweet treat recipes, as well. So, if there is something you love to make and are willing to share, send it my way and I will do the same for you. I have always wanted to do this with friends, but can never seem to get people that are willing to share. If you are interested and don't want to post it on here, then email me the recipes. PLEASE HELP!!! I have a hungry family to feed and no ideas! So....I guess I will leave you with one last thought..... WHAT'S FOR DINNER??????

PS. Mrs. Pino....You know you want in on this!!!! :)

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I will never tell... no you can't make me!!!!! I keeping them allll to myself :P

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

I shared this recipe with Averi last week (which is why it is so detailed!):

Here's a good one (it looks fun, like a confetti cake):

2 cups orzo pasta
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 medium zucchini
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 onion (if you like onions)
2 tbsp olive oil

First, start the water for the orzo. While the water is trying to boil, dice the red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, basil, and onion. Boil the orzo for 8 minutes and drain when done. Heat olive oil in large pan. Saute bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, basil, and onion in the pan for four minutes, stirring occasionally. Add drained orzo to the pan and heat for an additional two to four minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally. (If the orzo begins to stick to the pan, it's done).

Serve in bowls with spoons! This should easily feed all of ya!

Butler Family said...

Let me think on this one. I have a Chicken Divan recipe that I have taken to our friends who have just had babies and their 1 and 2 year olds eat it and it is healthy. Also Doritio Casserole is really good too. I have a few more so I will get them together and send them to your email!! You got any to share with me?

HisWifeTheirMom said...

Which is why it's so detailed! Renee? Are you trying to say something? I mean, blend could have either meant blender or mix ingredients....

I have absolutely no dinner recipes...but I'll load your inbox up with some 'sweet' ones...which means you have to send me some too. My family eats anything but pork.

Joanna said...

I would share but like you said it takes me forever to do it. So when I get time and a pen I will write down some stuff... :D

Anonymous said...

Super easy shredded chicken for tacos/burritos, or to top a salad.

4 Frozen Chicken Brests (boneless skinless are best for this)
1 can diced mexican style tomatoes (I like Rotel)
1 packet taco seasoning

Put all ingredients in the crockpot on high. Stir it occasionaly just to get the chicken really "marinated". If the chicken is frozen, it takes 6-8 hours, if thawed it takes 3-4 hours.
You will know the chicken is done with you can take two forks to "shred" it apart.

Enjoy!! :-) I have many more, but I am on the train right now, it will have to wait until I am home.